For five years now, the National Service Animal Registry name has been a trusted symbol of quality, service, and reliability, and we remain dedicated to those principles. You can count on us to provide you with the responsive, professional service you deserve, and to protect your privacy and security along the way.
HOW WE PROTECT AND USE CUSTOMER INFORMATION
1. We begin by safeguarding the security and integrity of customer information.
We are committed to protecting the security and integrity of customer information through procedures and technology designed for this purpose. For example:
- We limit employee access to customer information to those who have a business reason to know this information. Employees are required to honor our code of conduct, which includes standards to protect customer confidentiality. They are subject to disciplinary action if they fail to do so.
- We maintain policies and procedures covering the proper physical security of our retail store, website and all records.
- Our physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards meet or exceed federal standards regarding the protection of customer information
- We require outside companies (banks, etc.) who work with us to adhere to strict privacy standards through their contracts with us.
- We use technological means (such as backup files, virus detection and eradication software, firewalls, and other computer software and hardware) to protect against unauthorized access or alterations to customer data.
2. We collect and maintain customer information as part of providing better service to you and enhancing your relationship with us.
In the course of serving you, we collect only the information you provide to us during the ordering and checkout process.
3. We do not share information with outside parties who may wish to market their products to you.
- We only disclose the information we collect with the credit card companies and the gateway used to access them
- We do not share or otherwise disclose any personal information, including your name, address, telephone, or email addresses with other organizations. Only specific National Service Animal Registry staff and our authorized agents have access to personally identifiable information provided by visitors to our site.
4. Browser information collected on our website:
As with all websites, National Service Animal Registry analyzes our website logs to constantly improve the value of our website. We generate and assess a variety of reports that include page views, unique views, unique visitors, repeat visitors, frequency of visits, and peak-volume traffic periods. We do not use this service to gather, request, record, collect, or track any Internet users' personally identifiable information.
5. Personalization of Content:
6. Privacy of our email lists:
National Service Animal Registry maintains an email list for our Newsletter. Individuals must opt in to request to join our mailing lists. We do not share the email addresses on our lists with anyone outside of National Service Animal Registry staff. We configure our list server software to refuse to divulge the email addresses of our list subscribers to anyone but authorized National Service Animal Registry staff. Only National Service Animal Registry staff and our authorized agents have access to personally identifiable information provided by visitors to our site.
7. Children's privacy:
Because we care about the safety and privacy of children online, we comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA). COPPA and its accompanying FTC regulation establish United States federal law that protects the privacy of children using the Internet. We do not knowingly contact or collect personal information from children under 13. Our site is not intended to solicit information of any kind from children under 13 years old, and we have designed our sites to block our knowing acceptance of information from children under 13 whenever age-related information is requested. It is possible that by fraud or deception we may receive information pertaining to children under 13 years old. If we are notified of this, as soon as we verify the notification, we will immediately obtain parental consent or otherwise delete the information from our servers. If you want to notify us of our receipt of information by children under 13, please do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving financial data from our site. In addition, we have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss or misuse of information at our site that we have collected from you.